hey - i am on the mac, i have installed garden cl...
# 🤖|ask-kapa
b
hey @microscopic-river-74022 - i am on the mac, i have installed garden cli using a bash install script, I am using colima and minikube. When i run
garden dev
i see a prompt from MacOS to enable incoming traffic to wich I click Allow. However when I follow a link to "app.garden.io", it says - "there is no active session" and suggest me to try running "garden dev" in my project folder. I can see my other commands just fine under "commands" menu, but not Live.
m
Please stand by @blue-afternoon-11285 as I search the knowledge base. We are experiencing especially high traffic right now and might take longer than usual. :wave:
---------------------- Based on the information provided in the extracts, it seems like you might be encountering a known issue with Garden. In this GitHub issue (), a user reported a similar problem where the cloud project URL is not provided in the same REPL session after a successful
login
command. The issue occurs when a user logs in during a REPL session and then runs any command like
deploy
. The cloud URL is only provided if the user was already logged in before entering the REPL or if the user exits the REPL after login and re-enters it. The suggested solution in the issue is to restructure the cloud initialization and project creation part and go through it after login as well. However, this is a known bug and it's not clear from the extracts if it has been resolved yet. As a workaround, you could try logging in before starting the REPL session with
garden dev
, or exit and re-enter the REPL after logging in. If the issue persists, it might be helpful to check the Garden documentation () or their GitHub issues () for updates or further assistance. ----------------------
Note: you can ask me a follow up question by @ mentioning me again
:speech_balloon: ----------------------
b
@microscopic-river-74022 My problem is slightly different. When startign
garden dev
the web console react by displaying "connected" badge next to "live" in the menu, then a message is displayed saying client disconnected and I loose ability to type in commands in a browser.
m
Let me check the knowledge base for you. One moment! :books:
---------------------- Based on the information provided in the extracts, it seems like you might be encountering a known issue with Garden. In this GitHub issue (), a user reported a similar problem where the connection often gets lost after a little while when running
garden exec <module-name> --interactive /bin/bash
, resulting in the freezing of the terminal. The expected behavior is the same as in local-mode (restoring in case of lost connection). However, the current workaround suggested is to kill the terminal and restart the command. Another GitHub issue () discusses a similar problem where port forwards get disconnected after a while when running the command for a while. The user had to restart the Garden process which can take a while, especially if code written since starting the process triggers image builds. These issues might be related to your problem. If the issue persists, it might be helpful to check the Garden documentation () or their GitHub issues () for updates or further assistance. ----------------------
c
Hi @blue-afternoon-11285 what browser are you using?
b
Brave and kitty for terminal
Same thing wiht Safari.
@microscopic-river-74022 I tried Safari and I'm seeing "Not connected to a CLI session. Please check that Garden is running in watch mode in your terminal and try again. Note that you must be on Garden Core version 0.12.42 or higher to use the command palette." I am on version 0.13.9
m
Let me check the knowledge base for you. One moment! :books:
---------------------- Based on the information provided in the extracts, it seems like you might be encountering a known issue with Garden. In this GitHub issue (), a user reported a similar problem where the
exit
command from dev mode tries to connect with the cloud dashboard for a logged-out user. The expected behavior is that no connection should be made to the cloud once the user is logged out and the user should not see any warning related to the cloud. However, this is a known bug and it's not clear from the extracts if it has been resolved yet. As a workaround, you could try logging in before starting the REPL session with
garden dev
, or exit and re-enter the REPL after logging in. If the issue persists, it might be helpful to check the Garden documentation () or their GitHub issues () for updates or further assistance. ----------------------
c
Hey @blue-afternoon-11285, since you are using Brave, could you perhaps try to select “shields down for this site” and try again? We are planning a rewrite of how the data is streamed between the CLI and the browser, since at the moment we have a bunch of issues, especially when using other browsers than Chrome.
b
perfect that solved it! It's so silly of me to forget shields.
c
Awesome, glad to hear that! 🎉 And it's not silly, I'd expect it to work from the beginning for the vast majority of our users. We are working on that. 🦾