hey , I know garden.io is not oficially supportin...
# 🤖|ask-kapa
b
hey @microscopic-river-74022 , I know garden.io is not oficially supporting rancher-desktop, but is it still possible to use it? Are there any changes needed on the configuration level to make it work?
m
Please stand by @blue-afternoon-11285 as I search the knowledge base. We are experiencing especially high traffic right now and might take longer than usual. :wave:
---------------------- Hmm, I don't know enough to give you a confident answer yet. The extracts provided do not mention Rancher Desktop specifically. However, Garden does support the latest six stable versions of Kubernetes and officially supports Docker Desktop, Minikube, MicroK8s, and KinD for local Kubernetes installations. Other distributions may work, but they are not routinely tested or explicitly supported by Garden. If Rancher Desktop provides a local Kubernetes installation, it might be possible to use it with Garden, but there might be some configuration changes needed. I would recommend checking the Garden's official documentation () for more details on configuring the local Kubernetes plugin. ----------------------
Note: you can ask me a follow up question by @ mentioning me again
:speech_balloon: ----------------------
q
@blue-afternoon-11285 we have a tracking issue for Rancher Desktop support at https://github.com/garden-io/garden/issues/4528
b
q
@blue-afternoon-11285 0.13.13 is out now with full support for Rancher Desktop, k3s, k3d and OrbStack 😍