how can i write a Dockerfile to the Golang project...
# 🤖|ask-kapa
d
@microscopic-river-74022 how can i write a Dockerfile to the Golang project? And also run it with the Deploy action
m
Please stand by @damp-manchester-26851 as I search the knowledge base. I normally take about 20 seconds or so. :wave:
---------------------- To write a Dockerfile for a Golang project, you would typically start by specifying a base image that includes the Go runtime, then copy your source code into the image, and finally compile your application. However, the exact steps can vary depending on the specifics of your project. Once you have your Dockerfile, you can use it with Garden's
container
build action. In your
garden.yml
file, you would specify a
Build
action of type
container
, and then a
Deploy
action to deploy your application. Here's an example of how you might set up your
garden.yml
file:
Copy code
yaml
# backend/garden.yml
kind: Build
type: exec
buildAtSource: true
spec:
  command: [go, build, -o, bin/backend]
---
kind: Build
type: container
dependencies:
  - build.builder
copyFrom:
  - build: builder
    sourcePath: bin
    targetPath: .
In this example, the
exec
build action is used to compile the Go application, and the resulting binary is then added to the container image by the
container
build action. The
buildAtSource: true
option is used to run the build command in the action directory, rather than the default
.garden/build
directory. To deploy your application, you can use the
garden deploy
command. This will build and deploy your application according to the configuration in your
garden.yml
file. For more detailed information, you can refer to the Garden documentation () and the example project () provided in the knowledge sources. ---------------------- Note: you can ask me a follow up question by @ mentioning me again :speech_balloon: ----------------------
message has been deleted