does garden.io have a variable which defines that ...
# 🤖|ask-kapa
g
@microscopic-river-74022 does garden.io have a variable which defines that the current job is a cleanup job?
m
Please stand by @gentle-umbrella-55872 as I search the knowledge base. I normally take about 20 seconds or so. :wave:
---------------------- Hmm, I don't know enough to give you a confident answer yet. The knowledge sources provided do not mention a specific variable in Garden.io that defines whether the current job is a cleanup job. However, Garden.io does support the use of variables in various contexts, such as in project configurations and custom commands. You can also set cleanup commands for services and deployments. For more information, you may want to check the Garden.io documentation on variables () and cleanup commands (). ---------------------- Note: you can ask me a follow up question by @ mentioning me again :speech_balloon: ----------------------
g
@microscopic-river-74022 does garden.io have a variable which defines what the current job is started? for example deploy or cleanup
m
Let me check the knowledge base for you. One moment! :books:
---------------------- Based on the provided knowledge sources, Garden.io does not explicitly provide a variable that defines the current job's action (like deploy or cleanup). However, Garden.io does support the use of variables and templating in various contexts, such as in project configurations and custom commands. For example, you can define variables in your project configuration using the
variables
key, as well as the
environment[].variables
key for environment-specific values. These variables can then be referenced via
${var.<key>}
template string keys. Here's an example:
Copy code
yaml
kind: Project
variables:
 log-level: info
environments:
 - name: local
 variables:
 log-level: debug
 - name: remote

---

kind: Deploy
spec:
 env:
 LOG_LEVEL: ${var.log-level} # <- resolves to "debug" for the "local" environment, "info" for the "remote" env
For more detailed information, you can refer to the Garden.io documentation on variables and templating (). ---------------------- Note: you can ask me a follow up question by @ mentioning me again :speech_balloon: ----------------------