`garden update-remote all` on 0.12 compatibility t...
# 🌱|help-and-getting-started
f
Copy code
Executed in  687.61 secs    fish           external
   usr time   21.10 secs    0.15 millis   21.10 secs
   sys time   10.93 secs    1.09 millis   10.93 secs
Admittedly we have about 16 subdirectories and maybe 30 services plus a bunch of tasks and a couple of workflows, but running the above command takes almost 12 minutes, even on repeated runs. I'm doing this using Garden
with the 0.12 compatibility mode (we have so many changes to make, so I'm trying to stage this as much as possible). I notice that it is running some update commands for all of the actions of each service - e.g. build, deploy, run, and then the actual remote modules themselves. This multiplies the number of updates it needs to perform by 4x, and I'm not sure that's necessary - the source is only used by the build after all. Is this just a compatibility mode thing, or a generally 0.13 thing?
q
Hi Oliver! Have you seen this thread? https://discord.com/channels/817392104711651328/1122951215270072452 It doesn't address remote updates but it may still be useful. I'd open a bug report so our team can take a look.
f
Yes, I did see that thread but we have far fewer modules. It also doesn't seem to be stuck in the graph building section, but is very much relating to excessive/duplicate pulls of SSH remote state. I'll file a bug report. Cheers 🙂
q
I wish I could be of more help, I do! If you file a report and ping me here I promise to surface this to our devs ASAP
f
Yeah, the graph calculation is definitely not a problem for us:
Copy code
✔ graph                → Done (took 1.8 sec)
q
@flat-state-47578 thank you! We're on it.