t
I am investigating the potential use-cases for Garden in a nearly-100% Ansible automated environment. One of the annoyances of our current system is the total re-run time during development (with kludge methods to speed it up), the Garden DAG+cache approach could be very beneficial for our environment. I am attemping to create a simple Garden project that "runs a series of Ansible playbooks" using the exec Action (though I am just guessing at things so far). Another option I'd like to attempt is to interface with Ansible via the ansible-runner python bindings. https://discord.com/channels/817392104711651328/1161452397286133871/1161671340072374303
q
Hey @thousands-grass-67253 and welcome to the community! 👋 I've only ever used Ansible at some of my earliest startups where I was running playbooks against localhost to install tools like Nix, and generally get new devs onboarded. I can tell you right away that we do not currently cache
exec
actions though we're looking into building this feature out. If that sounds like something interesting to you, I'd be happy to set up a call to understand what your expectations would be for such a feature.