hey how can I rescale the nginx ingress controlle...
# 🤖|ask-kapa
s
hey @microscopic-river-74022 how can I rescale the nginx ingress controller?
m
Please stand by @swift-spring-8620 as I search the knowledge base. I normally take about 20 seconds or so. :wave:
---------------------- Hmm, I don't know enough to give you a confident answer yet. The information extracts provided do not contain specific instructions on how to rescale the Nginx Ingress Controller in Garden. I recommend checking the official Garden documentation or the Kubernetes documentation for more information on this topic. ----------------------
Note: you can ask me a follow up question by @ mentioning me again
:speech_balloon: ----------------------
s
@microscopic-river-74022 How can I completely uninstall and reinstall garden.io? For some reason the garden-system namespace isn't being created
m
Let me check the knowledge base for you. One moment! :books:
---------------------- To uninstall Garden services, you can use the following command:
Copy code
bash
garden plugins kubernetes uninstall-garden-services --env <env-name>
This command removes all cluster-wide Garden services. Please note that you should not delete the
garden-system
namespace directly, as Kubernetes may fail to remove persistent volumes [source ()]. After uninstalling, you can reinstall the Garden system services using the following command:
Copy code
bash
garden plugins kubernetes cluster-init
However, if you're having issues with the
garden-system
namespace not being created, it could be due to a known bug where Garden tries to create a namespace that already exists, as reported in this GitHub issue (). The error is not consistent and a retry of
garden deploy
typically works. If the problem persists, you may need to manually create the namespace or ask an administrator to do so. ----------------------
s
@microscopic-river-74022 What is the most graceful way to shutdown and restart garden.io
m
Let me check the knowledge base for you. One moment! :books:
---------------------- To gracefully shut down Garden, you can simply stop the Garden process. If you're running a Garden command, you can stop it by pressing
Ctrl+C
in your terminal. To restart Garden, you can just run your desired Garden command again. For example, if you were using the
garden dev
command, you can restart it by running
garden dev
in your terminal again. If you're facing issues and need to reset the state of your Garden project, you can use the
garden delete environment
command to delete the environment:
Copy code
bash
garden delete environment
This command deletes the environment and all of its services, but it does not delete the project configuration. After running this command, you can use
garden dev
or
garden deploy
to redeploy your services. Please note that these commands should be run in the root directory of your Garden project. ----------------------