What are the plans for `garden-system` namespace?
# 🌱|help-and-getting-started
s
Is
garden-system
namespace deprecated and planned to be removed? As I see garden can work without this ns. I want to deploy some custom resources to this namespace and want to know beforehand what will Garden do with it in future.
Still waiting for help 🙂
🙃
b
Sorry @silly-accountant-45583, it seems like @quaint-dress-831 is on vacation until next week, thsi might have made that the answers are delayed. https://discord.com/channels/817392104711651328/1134139898174116023 About your question, I think there where some conversations about removing
garden-system
namespce in the future, but nothing solid at the moment, maybe @chilly-gigabyte-83853 or @ancient-diamond-80011 have a little bit more context about it. For now, I would move forward with anything you would like to do with the ns though
a
Terribly sorry for the delay in answering 🙇‍♂️ and thanks @bright-policeman-43626 for the reply and pinging us! As mentioned above, there have been no concrete plans for the removal of
garden-system
namespace. Yes, garden can be made to work without it as well - but you might be missing some features or need to implement those in another way (e.g. ingresses). But no plans for removal as of yet 👍
s
Thank you so much! This is all I wanted to know 👍