Error deleting pulumi stack - current backend does...
# 🌱|help-and-getting-started
r
Whenever garden tries to delete a pulumi module using an s3 backend it is yielding an error saying that the
current backend does not support stack tags
. It happens because garden is trying to run
pulumi stack tag rm garden.io-service-version
which obviously doesn't work with this kind of backend. I have my cacheStatus set to false on this module so it shouldn't be trying to tag the stack. Has anyone seen this happen before and have a workaround?
q
This is a bug 🐛 can you please submit to our issue tracker on GitHub?
r
@quaint-dress-831 It's a very simple fix. I have it fixed on my fork, should I open a PR directly?
q
Absolutely, please do!
r
Should I create a fork for a specific branch (we're currently using 0.12) or main?
Sorry, not a fork! A PR
q
main is on Bonsai now so if your fix is specific to Acorn (0.12) you'd want to make it against 0.12
If it isn't specific then definitely main
r
Seems like this portion of code I'm fixing hasn't changed on Bonsai. I'll create it for main, then! Are you still syncing Acorn for fixes like that or is it mostly unmaintained now?
b
We are still supporting Acorn as of today, so a PR would help in both branches, IMO! Thanks a lot for investing the time to get into the code and fixing this issue @rich-helicopter-64111!
r
No worries, my pleasure! As I said it's a simple try - catch that is missing, it was no big deal!
b
Or maybe you can even just do
main
and then we can cherry-pick your commit into 0.12, @curved-intern-91221 are you guys using this strategy right now for 0.12 branch?
r
Done! Happy to create another one for 0.12 as well if needed.
c
@bright-policeman-43626 yes, we do use main-bassd PRs, and then cherry-pick the necessary fixes to 0.12
b
Great. So only one PR needed @rich-helicopter-64111 thanks a lot @curved-intern-91221
r
Sounds good!
q
This has been merged, changing to resolved, thanks @rich-helicopter-64111!