Deploy to remote kubernetes (Talos) fails with "Unable to query registry for image status: Unexpected server response: 403"

Hi! I’m currently setup a k8s cluster with Garden, and stuck on enabling in-cluster building with Kaniko. After garden --env… deploy, I receive the following error:

Error: Unable to query registry for image status: Unexpected server response: 403
    at skopeoBuildStatus (/snapshot/project/tmp/pkg/cli/node_modules/@garden-io/core/src/plugins/kubernetes/container/build/common.ts:264:13)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
    at /snapshot/project/tmp/pkg/cli/node_modules/@garden-io/core/src/actions.ts:1303:24
    at ActionRouter.getBuildStatus (/snapshot/project/tmp/pkg/cli/node_modules/@garden-io/core/src/actions.ts:359:20)
    at wrapped.process (/snapshot/project/tmp/pkg/cli/node_modules/@garden-io/core/src/tasks/build.ts:132:22)
    at TaskNode.process (/snapshot/project/tmp/pkg/cli/node_modules/@garden-io/core/src/task-graph.ts:801:20)
    at wrapped.processNode (/snapshot/project/tmp/pkg/cli/node_modules/@garden-io/core/src/task-graph.ts:436:18)

Could you please help me understand source of this error? I tried setting both local (127.0.0.1:5000) and remote (DockerHub) deploymentRegistry, but error is permanent.

docker-registry itself is up and running:
garden-system garden-docker-registry-645768d844-47j94 1/1 Running 0 3d17h 10.244.3.12 talos-3zf-652 <none> <none>

My remote kubernetes configuration:

- name: kubernetes
    defaultHostname: ***
    environments: [staging]
    context: ***
    buildMode: kaniko
    kaniko:
      namespace: null

Hi @MaximumQuiet it looks like you reported this as an issue over on GitHub! I’ll follow up with @vvagaytsev :swan: