Is it possible to login with `garden login` withou...
# 💻|contributing
h
Is it possible to login with
garden login
without a project directory? Can I provide that command with what domain I want to authenticate with (app.garden as an example) instead of it figuring that out based on the project config?
c
Its currently not possible without a refactor. (short answer)
There is an env var to override the domain
GARDEN_CLOUD_DOMAIN
h
Ah ok ... so if I provide it with that env var it doesn't complain about not being inside a garden project?
c
no, it needs to be a garden project
I think the refactor to be able to login without a project makes sense though.
h
Ok – yeah I definitely need that for Desktop, since I need to allow the user to authenticate before it's even aware of any project directories
c
(i know its not really helping you now)
h
So maybe
garden login --domain https://app.garden
will have it ignore the project directory check?
c
The original implementation of login, would need to find the domain name in the project.garden.yml, so it's not going to work without refactoring that.
c
Had another look at this, it is possible to disable the project check. I think we can work around this.
What other commands would you need without running inside a project? @happy-oxygen-34146
h
Just
login
and
logout
I think. Perhaps @alert-helicopter-61082 is aware of others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head
c
listing projects?
h
is that a command that already exists? does it pull that from cloud or locally?
c
that would be listing cloud projects, local projects can be connected to a cloud project
h
not sure if that's something of interest for Desktop, at least not for now
unless it stores information around where the working directory for that project is on the user's machine, in which case we could use it to populate their projects list